Saturday, February 17, 2007

Coldfront in Belize

The weather these last few days has changed dramatically. A coldfront has blown in from the north bringing gusting winds and much colder weather than I am used to. Last night going into town I had to put on my jeans and a sweatshirt for the first time since I have been here because it got down to the high 60's!! Although many of you out there suffering in the snow and really cold weather in other places may seem to think that this weather is warm, it's not.

After being in Belize for nearly three months, I have been adapted to weather in the high 80's to the low 90's. I find it amazing how the human body can adapt to it's enviroment and become accustomed to a certain temperature it is living in. I am definitely goning to have a hard time going back to snowy Cleveland in just over a week.

2 comments:

Libby said...

ha, i think it was like 73

Anonymous said...

It was so cold that I got sick :-(