Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Reality Check

Today is officially my last day in Belize. The time has flown by faster than ever before and it is extremely hard to believe that it's already time to come home. So many good times and memories that I will never forget have occurred over the last three months. From the time when we took our sailing trip to the remote and beautiful Turneffe atoll to our experience traveling through the Maya Mountains seeing tiny mayan villages and majestic rainforest waterfalls. They have all left me in awe of the true beauty, adventure, and wonder of Belize.

It will definitely not be an easy transition to go from the place where nearly everywhere you may look, it is as if you are looking at a picure perfect postcard or a photo from a magazine to a place where you see merely grey skies, snow, and extremely pale people (no offense to all of my friends back home). I have truly come to love this this "postcard" life, but I will be able to deal with this immense change as I have for every year of my life around this same time of the year.

Although I will miss this place and all of my friends down here, I am looking forward to seeing everyone from back home. It is just once again the stopping and continuation of my two lives; both of which have elements that make me who I am today. Anyway, adios until next year Belize.

No comments: